Old July 26th 06, 11:12 PM posted to uk.transport.london
M J Forbes M J Forbes is offline

Default Waterloo platforms

Ian F. wrote:
Would anyone happen to know from which platform number(s) trains depart
Waterloo for Guildford on a weekday?

When the "new" timetable was introduced in December 2004, the platform
allocations were as follows ;

1 - Suburban (Epsom, Chessington, Kingston, Shepperton, Hampton Ct,
Guildford)
2 - as 1
3 - as 1
4 - as 1
5 - spare
6 - West of England (Andover, Salisbury, Yeovil, Exeter, Bristol)
7 - as 6
8 - SW Main (Bourmemouth, Poole, Weymouth)
9 - as 8
10 - SW Outer Suburban (Basingstoke, Alton)
11 - as above
12 - SW Main (Southampton & Portsmouth via Eastleigh)
13 - as 12
14 - Portsmouth Direct (Guildford, Haslemere, Petersfield, Portsmouth)
15 - as 14
16 - Windsor/Hounslow via Twickenham
17 - Kingston via Twickenham
18 - Weybridge/Hounslow via Brentford
19 - Ascot & Reading.

Whether this has changed much since then, I can't comment, as I'm only
in London once or twice per month these days, and obviously, any major
disruption will result in the 'plan' being flushed down the nearest
toilet. The bit about Platform 5 being 'spare' is a bit strange, as at
least the 16h50 Waterloo - Yeovil left from there, and the Portsmouth
via Eastleigh train I caught last week left from Platform 9.

Hope this is of some use/interest anyway.

Matt
Southsea