Old July 27th 06, 07:53 PM posted to uk.transport.london
David Jackman David Jackman is offline

Default Parking at Shenfield station?

"vtk" wrote in
:

Just a quick question, what is the parking situation like at Shenfield
in the mornings, i.e around 8am. I might be moving there but need to
know that I can actually find a space in the morning!

It used - many years ago - to be season ticket holders only with a waiting
list but its not that bad now. Probably as its GBP 5 per day (or you can
buy your own bay for GBP 1,076/year...)

If not are there streets nearby with free parking?

No. Everything within walking distance is barred for at least an hour or two
during the day.

On another point, I heard Crossrail construction might take over the
carpark? When does that start?

"Next year". That's been the target for at least 20 years....

[If it does go ahead - still a big if - I doubt it was start before the
Olympics].