Old July 27th 06, 10:15 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Arthur Figgis Arthur Figgis is offline

Default Emergency STW demo in London tomorrow

On Thu, 27 Jul 2006 22:55:09 +0930, (Aidan Stanger)
wrote:

Paul Weaver wrote:

Bringing it slightly back on topic, Israel is unusual in that it has no
international rail connections. I'm not sure any other non-island
country has such a situation. There are plans to expand the network,
but not to other countries as I'm aware. Given the siege situation
Israel has been in since it's creation and the resulting invasion of
surrounding countries, it's unsurprising.

IIRC South Korea's also in that situation, for a similar reason.

Every so often they have a ceremony to "reconnect" a railway across
the DMZ, but it never seems to get completed and joined up at either
end.
--
Arthur Figgis Surrey, UK