Old July 28th 06, 09:38 PM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

Default Waterloo platforms

M J Forbes wrote:
That doesn't seem quite right. I am sure that platform 15 is (and has
been for years) used for trains in the Putney direction, not the
Portsmouth direction. Has the above got slightly out of line?

I was quoting from an internal document that was issued in the run-up
to the new timetable - I never actually bothered to check if it was
adhered to!

Since this I've checked a couple of times in passing, and 15 has not
been used for anything. But last time I came into it it was from the
"Windsor lines". This in conjunction with pre-timetable-change
memories of catching Reading trains there made me sure that it was used
for trains in that direction.

Platform 14 has been used for Alton and Basingstoke services today
(which I think is normal).

I suppose I could stand there till a train leaves from platform 15, but
that might seem obsessive. Somebody working for SWT probably knows.