Old September 30th 03, 10:38 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Colin McKenzie Colin McKenzie is offline

Default New South London rail map

1577+2260 wrote:
On Tue, 30 Sep 2003 10:49:44 +0100, "John Rowland"
wrote:
Either St Johns to Lewisham or St Johns to Hither Green (or both) must lack
4 trains an hour as well.

Add to that:

Whitton: says 4tph, but really it's 2ph fast and 2ph slow, and in one
direction the fast and slows are only a few minutes apart at Whitton,
so really it's two sets of 2ph. In the other direction (can't remember
which) I eblieve they're more evenly spaced.

It's similar for up trains at Ashford: 2ph via Hounslow, 2ph via
Richmond, with both trains in each half of the hour very close
together; but more even in the other direction.

I wanted, and have in the past asked our leaders for a map like this,
with 3 subtle differences:

- The standard should be 6 tph, not 4
- There should also not be a gap of more than 12 minutes between
successive trains
- The map should cover the whole of London, including relevant parts of
the tube network

Still, it's a start.

Colin McKenzie