Old July 30th 06, 01:16 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Corfield Paul Corfield is offline

Default Tube quiz name game

On 30 Jul 2006 10:33:57 GMT, Iain wrote:

Apologies for the semi-spammage, but as a long-time lurker and occasional
poster, I thought I might be able to get away with it.

I've written a little tube stations quiz game which I think might appeal
to some of the people here. Please feel free to take a look at
www.waitingforlunchtime.co.uk and have a play. Hope you enjoy it!

Well I got it almost all right from memory.

The beckton and king George branches of DLR did my head and I had to
look them up. I could not remember Goldhawk Road for the life of me nor
Buckhurst Hill or Grange Hill!

Remembering the north London line from memory must count as some sort of
sad memory feat.

One comment I would make is that it took about ten attempts to enter the
correct name for Heathrow T123 as there is obviously no tolerance around
getting it precisely right. The same applies to Kings Cross which has
to have St Pancras added. More bizarrely if you attempt to correct
punctuate your entry for places like St John's Wood that would be
rejected even though the programme correctly punctuates it on the map!

--
Paul C