Old July 30th 06, 05:02 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Boltar Boltar is offline

Default DLR track gauge

Charles Ellson wrote:
.. and would also make it difficult for any kind of mixed running on
or off the DLR which might occur in the future.

I can't see that ever happening. I doubt much if any standard mainline
stock
would be able to negotiate the sharp bends or steep inclines on the DLR
and the DLR stock uses a unique (in britain) 3rd rail system so it
couldn't run
under its own power anywhere else unless modified. And then theres the
good old HSE to factor in with mixed running rules etc....

B2003