Old July 30th 06, 05:06 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Boltar Boltar is offline

Default DLR track gauge

David Bennetts wrote:
Sharp curves have been on standard gauge for years - trams in British
systems were mostly of standard gauge, and they went around very sharp
curves as they turned from one street to another. The new light rail
systems are also of standard gauge.

True , and I have to admit I didn't hear any squeal when I've been on
the
Croydon Tramlink but then that took over a large proportion of
pre-existing
ex-mainline track. However the tram on the (very nice) standard gauge
NET system in Nottingham did sound rather in pain on a few corners
when I rode on it last year. That could have done with being a narrower
gauge too IMO.

B2003