Old July 30th 06, 07:20 PM posted to uk.transport.london
David Biddulph David Biddulph is offline

Default Bike number plates mooted

"Arthur Figgis" ] wrote in message
On 29 Jul 2006 04:08:49 -0700, "
wrote:

But, does Cambridge University not still have a mandatory College
resistration system for students' bicycles? I remember my number -
Q283, from all those years ago! I'm not sure what the sanction was for
failing to register and/or display one's number.

Yes it does (I'm told), and I've no idea what the penalty is, or even
if the situation ever arises.

In my day the fine for most offences was six shillings and eight pence.
More severe offences warranted thirteen shillings and four pence.

Moreover, all resident Members of the University were required to
obtain the Motor Proctor's written consent before having motor vehicle
in the City. I wonder whether that still applies.?

Yes.

http://www.admin.cam.ac.uk/offices/p...tor/index.html
and page 196 of http://www.admin.cam.ac.uk/univ/so/so_ch02.pdf
(covers motor vehicles & cycles)