Old July 31st 06, 08:04 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Rupert Candy Rupert Candy is offline

Default DLR track gauge

Charles Ellson wrote:

Or going in the other direction, the DLR stuff possibly doesn't need
much modification to tram standard for venturing out onto any local
tramways that might be built (oink, oink, flap, flap) which would
probably also be standard gauge.

....though the side-contact third rail system might not go down too well
in Piccadilly Gardens...

(Actually, I believe the original DLR stock which was sold on to Essen
has had pantographs installed without too much trouble, so I'm just
being facetious.)