Old July 31st 06, 09:23 AM posted to uk.transport.london
James Farrar James Farrar is offline

Default New KXSP sub surface station

On 30 Jul 2006 16:10:07 -0700, "Jonathan Morris"
wrote:

Also, I hate to repeat myself because I got slaughtered last time, but
the gates are slow and fail regularly. In the end, staff will often
open them up to clear the queues in both directions. For such new
equipment, their acceptance level of paper tickets and oyster cards is
terrible. The only advantage is the increased number of gates that can
be fitted in, but the lack of speed must more than cancel this benefit
out. I live in hope that a few subtle changes can fix these issues, and
will be carried out in due course.

I don't know about the failure rate, but I have to agree about the
speed. On previous gates,you can touch your Oysteron the target and
walk through without breaking stride. You can't on these, unless ypu
walk very slowly.

--
James Farrar
. @gmail.com