Old July 31st 06, 10:46 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Jonathan Morris Jonathan Morris is offline

Default New KXSP sub surface station

James Farrar wrote:
I don't know about the failure rate, but I have to agree about the
speed. On previous gates,you can touch your Oysteron the target and
walk through without breaking stride. You can't on these, unless ypu
walk very slowly.

It is very annoying, and when the queue backs up by the ticket
machines, it does get messy. Mind you, everyone wants to use the first
two gates and if you 'go wide' you can often get an empty gate further
along if the station isn't totally snarled up.

The lifts seem to be out of service a lot of the time too, going by the
number of times it's mentioned in my daily email service bulletin from
TfL. How can a brand new lift be failing so often? I don't blame LUL
but surely a contractor somewhere is being given a severe earbashing on
that?

Jonathan