Old July 31st 06, 02:08 PM posted to uk.transport.london
kytelly kytelly is offline

Default New KXSP sub surface station

Paul Oter wrote:
wrote:
kytelly wrote:
The staircases down to platform level seem rather narrow at the moment;
are they putting an escalator in behind the hordings?

I think they are putting another lift in - the whole thing will be a
mirror image of the exit stairs.

These stairs will, I hope, become less crowded when the direct
passageway between the Met/Circle/H+C platforms and the top of
Pic/Vic/Northern escalators is (re)-opened. Any news on when that will
happen?

Yeah I have to say it seems an awful lot of upheaval for not *much*
more capacity. Also you'll still have the Piccadilly and Northern
passenger flows colliding at the bottom of the escalators. And when are
they going to get rid of the portcabins that were the temp LUL ticket
office? They rather hide the new steps down.