Old July 31st 06, 05:28 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Joe Patrick Joe Patrick is offline

Default Oyster - cheaper, easier, but certaintly not smarter

Are you using Pre-Pay or a Travelcard or a combination?

Prepay (with a 16-17 discount)

I am not an expert on the detailed performance of the cards and readers
but did you get any form of bleeped warning on entry at Camden Town?
From the description you give it sounds like something was written to
the card but not enough.

Nope, it worked fine - my friend (who has a Child Oystercard) also had
the same problem, an unresolved journey, but his cap remained at £1.

I assume your journey where you exited at Camden was deducted correctly?
If your previous journey was on pre-pay and not correctly recorded then
you would have had an unresolved journey so it sounds like you exited
OK. If so the card would next expect some form of entry transaction
which it sounds like you attempted to make.

I'm not sure - but I ended up paying £2.50 Instead of £2 capping.

I would query it with the Oyster Help Desk as something certainly does
not sound right. If you can provide any more detail then it may help
get to the cause.

Called them before - certaintly not going to bother again spending £1.50
reclaiming 50p - so writing a letter this time.

Thanks for your help.
--
The presence of this signature shows that this message has been scanned
for misplaced apostrophes by the common sense scanner. However, some