Old July 31st 06, 10:09 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Arthur Figgis Arthur Figgis is offline

Default DLR track gauge

On 31 Jul 2006 01:42:46 -0700, "Neil Williams"
wrote:

Ian Jelf wrote:

Er actually I think it may have been! I believe that Stephenson's
Crich Mineral Railway in Derbyshire was the first recorded use of 1m
gauge track.

And the Malaysian state railway is both largely British-built and metre
gauge.

A fair chunk of the formely pink bits of the map have metre gauge
railways: there is/was a massive secondary network on the Indian
subcontinent (though the Indians are beavering away converting theirs
to 5'6"), Malaysia, Myanmar, east Africa, etc.

--
Arthur Figgis Surrey, UK