Old October 1st 03, 09:33 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Brown Paul Brown is offline

Default Tube Driver Faints

Boltar wrote:

You have to wonder what kind of man feels sick and faints just because
some other guys are discussing a vasectomy. I'm relly not sure I'd
want this lightweight in charge of my train and god knows how he'd react
in an emergency that possibly involved injuries. Burst into tears and

throw
up over the passengers?
B2003

The story I read on BBC Teletext a few days ago was that it was a trainee
driver, i.e. under supervision, who had repeatedly asked the others to stop/
change the subject or whatever. Most people would say that maybe his
instructors were out of order by incapacitating him, whether directly or
indirectly and again, maybe they are in the wrong job, because rendering a
train driverless cannot be in the public interest. Seemingly, the trainee
suffered minor injuries (Sue the individuals) and it also caused delays on
the Circle Line, again something experienced drivers wouldn't do if they
wanted to keep their jobs.
As regards throwing up over the passengers, well, they shouldn't have been
in the cab, then, should they? :-)
Have a nice Day
Paul

--
To reply, get the mail to the right temperature :-