Old August 1st 06, 03:33 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
J. Gulliford J. Gulliford is offline

Default DLR track gauge

Mind you, the Seaton tramway, a lovely little line, is the gauge it is
because they lifted it and moved it there from Eastbourne.

JG.

"Peter Masson" wrote in message

"allan tracy" wrote

I got quite a few replies most informing me that there were absolutely
no cost advantages for the narrower guages and that my suggestions were
a complete waste of time.

Quite a number of tourist railways which have been built on disused
trackbeds of standard gauge railways have gone for a narrow gauge - see,
for
example, at opposite ends of England the South Tyneside Railway and the
Seaton Tramway.

Peter