Old August 1st 06, 04:08 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Corfield Paul Corfield is offline

Default Can I use Oyster pre pay before 9:30?

On 1 Aug 2006 06:34:03 -0700, "Mizter T" wrote:

[big snip]
You explain these things with a lot more precision and brevity than I
can manage!

On a subject like this you need to take it step by step. I also have
the benefit of having read through the on line training & staff FAQ at
work. That's where my knowledge of the capping stuff comes from. However
real life presents many more twists and turns and there are continued
adjustments like the £5 NR minimum charge that can makes things very
complex indeed.

At some point perhaps there should be a utl Oyster faq, or even an
unofficial website. I'll leave such thoughts until it starts getting
dark in the evenings, and I'll probably leave said thoughts alone even
then! It would be a mammoth job - the hardest part would be explaining
everything in crystal clear plain English.

The real issues with the TfL documentation are that it is too high level
in the Oyster guide and also that real life complexities are brushed
aside as if not warranting explanation. Quite clearly people do want to
know how certain journey types and ticket features work - how else can
they make an informed choice? I find the TfL approach really rather
baffling and even bordering on being patronising.

Still - best of luck with the new Oyster website. ;-)

--
Paul C