Old August 1st 06, 04:14 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Corfield Paul Corfield is offline

Default Oyster NR Question

On 31 Jul 2006 17:33:40 -0700, "Mizter T" wrote:

I remember reading something on here where Paul Corfield - who famously
admits to working for LU

Not sure that's worthy of fame!

and was involved in Oysters early days [2] -
saying that London Transport couldn't get the NR TOCs to take this
future smartcard ticket system seriously in the 90's. Though I doubt
there would've been a utopia of co-operation if LT had to have dealt
with a pre-privatisation Network Southeast given the traditional BR/LT
animosity! Perhaps I'm being too harsh.

I was the LU Business Client for what became the Prestige Project. Both
the LU specification and NR specification were my responsibility.
Network wide gating and the outline spec for the central system were
also my areas.

[1]
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/press-cent...t.asp?prID=776

[2] To be honest I'm not sure of what Paul does (and in the past did)
for LU, but he was involved in the Prestige project at some point. AIUI
Prestige is the name of the whole ticketing system run by TranSys for
TfL which includes Oyster smartcards.

I was involving in LU ticketing for about 12 years - about 5 of those on
Prestige and its earlier incarnations. Prestige is the project name and
also the contract name for the deal with Transys. Oyster is the brand
name for the card.

I have quite deliberately not said what I do for LU today. I'd probably
get death threats if it was publicised :-)
--
Paul C