Old August 2nd 06, 03:08 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Robin Mayes Robin Mayes is offline

Default Can I use Oyster pre pay before 9:30?

Mizter T wrote:

Paul Corfield wrote:

On 1 Aug 2006 06:34:03 -0700, "Mizter T" wrote:

[big snip]
You explain these things with a lot more precision and brevity than I
can manage!

On a subject like this you need to take it step by step. I also have
the benefit of having read through the on line training & staff FAQ at
work. That's where my knowledge of the capping stuff comes from. However
real life presents many more twists and turns and there are continued
adjustments like the £5 NR minimum charge that can makes things very
complex indeed.

Slight change of topic - were there ever any plans for such a minimum
charge across the Tube network, so as to encourage people to touch-out
and pay the correct fare?

There are plans for a higher minimum fare to be implemented, yes, although
the date is not set in stone yet.