Old August 2nd 06, 07:05 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Tom Anderson Tom Anderson is offline

Default Oyster NR Question

On Tue, 1 Aug 2006, Dave Arquati wrote:

Paul Corfield wrote:
On 31 Jul 2006 17:33:40 -0700, "Mizter T" wrote:

I remember reading something on here where Paul Corfield - who famously
admits to working for LU

I have quite deliberately not said what I do for LU today. I'd probably
get death threats if it was publicised :-)

- Earl's Court signalling computer (we all know that the actual computer
itself died about 20 years ago and now LU employ someone to flick
switches to light up the destination arrows manually...)

No, that's not done by a human - one of the lower simians, i think.
Although as part of their programme of upgrades, Metronet are going to
replace it with a speak-and-spell.

tom

--
For the first few years I ate lunch with he mathematicians. I soon found
that they were more interested in fun and games than in serious work,