Old August 2nd 06, 09:13 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Adrian Adrian is offline

Default Bike number plates mooted

Boltar ) gurgled happily, sounding much like they
were saying :

Bicycles arn't road vehicles.

Of course they are.

No they're not. They're just 2 wheels and a frame. Wheres the engine?

Sat on the saddle, usually. Or maybe standing up on the pedals on a steep
hill.

YOu can ride them in parks, in fields , up hills , wherever its
allowed.

Just like 4x4 cars, then?

Good luck trying to drive a car around a park

I wonder HOW those park rangers manage? D'you think it's because they're
*allowed to*?

Oh, and you might like to take note of the "No Cycling" signs in the park
every now and then.

I think you might find yourself in the minority there. You can just
imagine some bored plod or traffic warden giving some poor cyclist
a ticket for some minor infraction just as happens with cars today.
Can't see cycling lasting long if that happens.

Sorry? Cycling cannot survive cyclists having to obey the law? Are
you really trying to say that?

I'm saying that the people who use it to commute everyday might decide
the extra hassle isn't worth it

The extra hassle of obeying the law? Poor loves.

Certainly I wouldn't since how will they find out who I am if they spot
me without any license plates?

Might as well just not bother registering your car to your name, eh?
Perhaps even use somebody elses plates - or just take 'em off completely.