Old August 3rd 06, 12:26 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Bike number plates mooted

In article . com,
(Paul Oter) wrote:

David Howdon wrote:
wrote:

Moreover, all resident Members of the University were required
to obtain the Motor Proctor's written consent before having motor
vehicle in the City. I wonder whether that still applies.?

I thought it was just students ("Members resident in statute
pupilari shall not keep, nor cause to be kept" a car - or some such I
think was the phrase) that had to obtain consents for a car.

It applies to resident members who don't have "MA status". The
university statutes are online if anyone wants to read them.

Graduate students get University licences pretty freely. But they should
have somewhere off-road to keep the car.

--
Colin Rosenstiel