Old August 3rd 06, 12:26 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Bike number plates mooted

In article .com,
(Jonathan Morris) wrote:

Colum Mylod wrote:
1 in 250 was the rate quoted in a newspaper whose title escapes
me at the moment. That is a high value if true. It's possible the
clones are using similar car makes to the victims' original too which
presents a major problem for the innocents:

Yes, that is how it works. It means you can avoid ANPR in police
cars too, assuming the car you've cloned is okay as far as the DVLA is
concerned.

If you used any plate, it would stand out if the police (or Capita)
did any manual checks.

I spotted a false plate once. I checked the tax disc which had a
different registration on and reported it to the police. It turned out
the guy was riding his motorbike while disqualified.

--
Colin Rosenstiel