Old August 3rd 06, 12:06 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Walter Briscoe Walter Briscoe is offline

Default Ken Livingstone Polluting the Planet

In message of Thu, 3 Aug 2006
12:34:40 in uk.transport.london, Nick writes

[snip]

No, I didn't disagree it was value for money necessarily. My point was
anyone with wads of cash to spend on TfL bus services was bound to provide
more of them and probably improve their reliability. Ken Livingstone
doesn't have magic-like qualities to improve bus services, he just got given
lots of money by central government and spent it.

And I maintain the quality of the bus environment in Bexley (in terms of
broken bus shelters, vandalised and dirty buses) is very, very poor - way
below expectations, particularly given the amounts TfL have spent on the
network overall. Maybe someone other than Ken Livingstone would've directed
TfL and those who have appropriate power to improve the dreadful situation
in Bexley; presumably, therefore, he hasn't and doesn't care very much.

Please complain - you might start at
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/buses/contact_home.asp - rather than moan - I
view your comments here as moaning.

I can't comment about buses in Bexley. The service for EC2 has improved
a lot since Mayor Ken has influenced it. I now complain a lot. The
service is good enough to justify complain about its deficiencies. Buses
are slow compared with cycling, taxis, tubes, cars, etc. People-watching
on buses is one of the pleasures of living in London, IMHO.
--
Walter Briscoe