Old October 1st 03, 03:29 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Cast_Iron Cast_Iron is offline

Default NEWS: Tube Driver Faints

wrote:
In article ,
(Cast_Iron) wrote:

wrote:
In article
,
(Joe Patrick) wrote:

http://www.freewebs.com/news.html#news24
Tube Driver Faints on Moving Train

One important thing that doesn't seem to have been picked
up anywhere in the various reports of this is why was the
train going along with the cab door open anyway? If the
story is true as told, then it doesn't say much for the
quality of the I/Op (road trainer) that was training him
and this is definitely a disciplinary issue. It would seem
that the trainee was very lucky in just getting away with
few bruises.

The trainee opened the door because he was feeling faint,
wanted fresh air
and then fainted.

That was one option I hadn't thought of - is that confirmed
as to what happened?.

That is definite.

Either way, the I/Op is still
responsible for the train and even if the trainee had only
just opened the door, the I/Op should have been watching
out.

Agreed. A definitive version can be seen at
http://billz1064.proboards.com/index...display&num=10
64934736