Old August 5th 06, 03:52 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Terry Paul Terry is offline

Default Commuting times

In message , Paul Corfield
writes

While I don't know exactly how the authors of the study
calculated their numbers the implication is that there are a lot more
relatively short commuting journeys in order to drag the average down.
What are the totals for other group posters just so we can see if people
typically do have long or short trip times?

Mine is less than a minute a day - up the stairs to the office, and
then back down again.

I don't think that really counts as commuting, but if the increasing
number of home workers have been included, then that would certainly
bring the average down considerably.

--
Paul Terry