Old August 6th 06, 08:44 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Commuting times

In article ,
(Paul Terry) wrote:

In message , Paul
Corfield writes

While I don't know exactly how the authors of the study
calculated their numbers the implication is that there are a lot
more relatively short commuting journeys in order to drag the average
down. What are the totals for other group posters just so we can see
if people typically do have long or short trip times?

Mine is less than a minute a day - up the stairs to the office,
and then back down again.

I don't think that really counts as commuting, but if the
increasing number of home workers have been included, then that
would certainly bring the average down considerably.

When I was comparing at cycle commuting figures I noticed the census
counted people working at home in the totals so I produced new ones
without the people who don't travel (daft in considering modal split in
travel, after all). That put the Cambridge cycling percentage (highest
in the country) up from 26% to 28%.

--
Colin Rosenstiel