Old August 10th 06, 10:37 AM posted to uk.transport.london
NewsPosting NewsPosting is offline

Default reliability of NNL and district line richmond branch

Two other questions for fellow sufferers and experts...

1) Does anyone know why there is such inflexibility about scheduling
trains to the richmond branch?

Problems and delays occur pretty frequently, and it seems that LUL are
unable to do anything about maintaining a good rotation of trains to
the different destinations. A typical case is that you can be waiting
at Earls Court for a Richmond train and see Wimbledon, Parsons Green,
Ealing Broadway, Wimbledon, Ealing Broadway, Ealing Broadway and then
finally a Richmond train.

Surely it would be much better to admit timetables are messed up and
reschedule trains at Earls Court to maintain a regular flow of trains
to all 3 branches?

2) Does anyone know how to access the train information system via the
web?

I noticed that the platform assistants at Earls Court have new PDAs
that seem to show train position information. Anyone know how to see
this from outside LUL? It would be really handy to tell when a richmond
train is coming when I am planning to leave work for the day.

Cheers,

Harry
( hjb _at_ null _dot_ net )

wrote:
Aosmosis wrote:
How reliable is the Richmond branch of the NNL and district line?

I think almost from the moment your question was rendered it's been
pumping awful!
--
gordon