Old August 10th 06, 11:12 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default reliability of NNL and district line richmond branch

NewsPosting wrote:

(snip)

2) Does anyone know how to access the train information system via the
web?

I noticed that the platform assistants at Earls Court have new PDAs
that seem to show train position information. Anyone know how to see
this from outside LUL? It would be really handy to tell when a richmond
train is coming when I am planning to leave work for the day.

The Underground ETA boards don't currently cover the District line, so
there is no way of getting this information. Obviously at Earls Court
you won't get an ETA display either, you just get the destination of
the next train (or the train at the platform) - information about other
services comes at the whim of the station staff annoucing it over the
PA system.

The other suggestion I have is getting an Ealing Broadway train,
getting off at Chiswick Park and walk the half mile down to Gunnersbury
station in the hope that a North London Line train will turn up. Given
that at Earls Court you often have no idea when the next Richmond train
is due doing this would be a bit of a gamble, as you might well miss
the Richmond District train whilst you're walking between stations.