Old October 1st 03, 06:07 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Acrosticus Acrosticus is offline

Default Night Buses, Workmans Tickets (history question)

From: Paul Terry
Date: 01/10/2003 18:23 GMT Daylight Time

don't know when workmen's tickets ended - I would guess by about 1960.

My information is that on LT trams and trolleybuses they ended in 1950.
Following a public outcry though they were introduced on LT buses (both Central
and Country) in 1952 under the rather less proletarian title of "Early Morning
Returns". When EMRs finished I don't know however.