Old August 11th 06, 08:12 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Adrian Adrian is offline

Default Advice - overnight track works

Isaac Abraham ) gurgled happily, sounding much like they
were saying :

Last night LU took it upon themselves to work on the tracks just outisde
Harrow on the Hill tube station. They started sometime after 12am and
finished after 3am - our flat faces the track, rendering sleep
impossible etc.

Does LU have any complaints procedure for such cases? Has anyone got any
experience in dealing with them in such cases? Isn't drilling/ sawing/
hammering at such times breaking the law i.e. noise pollution at
unsociable hours?

Which would you rather have?

1. Lines closed during the day for maintenance?
2. No maintenance at all, until the trains are banging and thumping every
time they pass - and let's hope it doesn't all go wrong?

Now, if you've been living in that flat since before the railway lines went
in, I can understand why you'd be disgruntled. If, on the other hand, the
lines were there before you...