Old August 11th 06, 04:34 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default Advice - overnight track works

Isaac Abraham wrote:

wrote:

In certain cases they'll whinge like b****ry but apparantly lack the
wit to perceive the disturbance potential before making the decision to
live adjacent to the lines.

Fine - forget I even mentioned it. I just asked for advice on this,
maybe there was somewhere within LU I could ask about e.g. how often
they do track works etc. but seems that all I'm doing is getting flamed
for asking.

I do tend towards the opinion that if you live near a railway line then
occasional night-time maintenance is to be expected.

Nontheless I'm sure you can speak to someone in LU who can give you
more information, including some details of what their night-time
working practices are (such as noise minimisation) and how often such
works occur, perhaps even a schedule of when work will be carried out.

Try calling London Underground's customer services line on 0845 330
9880 (8am to 8pm, 7 days a week)

....or write to...

Customer Service Centre
London Underground