Old August 12th 06, 03:34 PM posted to uk.transport.london
asdf asdf is offline

Default Kings Cross Thameslink & "London Terminals"

On 12 Aug 2006 06:48:03 GMT, Andrew Black (delete obvious bit) wrote:

I am confused by the concept of "London Terminals"
I asked for a ticket from East Dulwich to Kings Cross Thameslink and was
given a ticked to "London Terminals". This ticket was accepted by the
ticket machine at KX Thameslink.

OTOH my understanding from posts here in the past is that KX Thameslink is
only a "London Terminals" from the North.

This is correct. There have been reports recently (can't remember if
here or uk.railway) that certain ticket machines south of the river
will, if you try to buy a ticket to KXTL, issue you with a ticket
printed as being to London Terminals, but at the same price as the
KXTL ticket (i.e. more expensive).

Anyway, like you say, the gates at KXTL will apparently quite happily
accept any ticket to London Terminals, so your only problem is if you
encounter a gripper.