Old August 12th 06, 07:59 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Tim Woodall Tim Woodall is offline

Default Kings Cross Thameslink & "London Terminals"

On Sat, 12 Aug 2006 19:09:16 +0100,
Barry Salter wrote:
On Sat, 12 Aug 2006 16:43:21 +0100, asdf
wrote:

Something like this came up in uk.railway around a year ago. The
upshot was that the validity of a Watford Junction to London Terminals
ticket covers the following routes:

Watford Junction to Euston (direct);

Correct. Shown on Map LM.

Watford Junction to Vauxhall (but NOT Waterloo/Victoria), via
Kensington Olympia and Clapham Junction.

This is quite clearly *not* a permitted route on a Watford Junction to
London Terminals Season ticket, as the *ONLY* map listed is LM, which
does feature Clapham Junction, but not Vauxhall.

Where can I find this map LM? And how do I know that this is the right
map for my season ticket?

And are you saying here that the ONLY route I can use my season ticket
on is Watford Junction to London Euston (and the intermediate stations
on that route) or can I also use it going to Clapham Junction (which I
notice silverlink trains now runs a service to according to their
timetable - e.g.:

Saturday Watford Junction (07:21), calling at Harrow and Wealdstone,
Wembley Central, Willesden Jn (High Level), Kensington Olympia, West
Brompton, Clapham Junction (08:29)

(In general, when I'm doing these journeys I want the fastest ticket,
not the cheapest. But it would be nice to buy what I need as cheaply as
possible. Obviously, my ticket is valid to Willesden Junction but is it
valid on the trains going to Clapham Junction - The "slow" train to
Euston is quicker to Willesden Junction than the direct train to Clapham
Junction but sometimes I want the simplest ticket - e.g. the no change
train to Brighton which is run by Southern but calls at Kensington
Olympia, west brompton and clapham Junction, same as the silverlink
trains)

I've got no problem if my season ticket is only valid on the one line -
that's what I bought it for and I stopped taking the Z1-6 underground
bit (IIRC ~200GBP extra) because I use it so rarely that it's cheaper to
pay when I do use it - but it would be nice to know what extra options I
do have, if any.

Tim.

and there was light.