Old August 13th 06, 12:39 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Steve Steve is offline

Default Suggestion for easing Oxford Street traffic nightmare.

"asdf" wrote in message
On Sun, 13 Aug 2006 10:14:39 +0100, Steve wrote:

All bus stops removed.
When buses enter OS they become part of a shuttle, travelling in single
file
and not overtaking or needing to pull in.
All traffice lights crossing the street will turn red together stopping
movement on the whole of OS while traffic crosses. Meanwhile all the
busses
will open doors and allow entry or egress to passengers at the same time.

So, if there are no bus stops, how do you know where to wait for your
bus? Do you just hang around near some traffic lights and hope they
turn red as your bus approaches?

As there are so many buses and so many junctions, then yes, you would just
hang around. Makes no odds which bus you get as pretty much they are all
going to one end of the street or other, and as per my suggestion there
would be no charge anyway. (I know there are a few exceptions, I did say
this was a little rough around the edges). Once arriving at the end of OS
terminus you could change to the bus you want at a proper bus stop.