Old October 1st 03, 09:18 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Peter Beale Peter Beale is offline

Default Night Buses, Workmans Tickets (history question)

In article , are (Acrosticus) wrote:

My information is that on LT trams and trolleybuses they ended in 1950.
Following a public outcry though they were introduced on LT buses (both
Central
and Country) in 1952 under the rather less proletarian title of "Early
Morning
Returns". When EMRs finished I don't know however.

Are you sure about the returns bit? To my knowledge from travelling on central buses throughout the 1950s return tickets were never issued -
I think they were Early Morning Singles.

--
Peter Beale