Old August 15th 06, 12:03 AM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] Mait001@aol.com is offline

Default Various WLL questions. Was West London Line - new station operating!

subterraneo wrote:
----------
In article , Dave Arquati
wrote:

Colin Rosenstiel wrote:
In article . com,
() wrote:

Does any trace remain of the Shepherds Bush station on the old
Addison Road - Hammersmith Grove Road - Richmond route?

It depends on what you count. The bridge parapet on the West side of
Shepherd's Bush Road is still there but I think the station site was
obliterated by garages years ago. It's reasonably clear in the aerial
photo on Windows Live Local (
http://local.live.com/).

Practically everything along this railway curve has been built over; the only
physical evidence of its existence now are the alignments of the adjacent
roads and the bridge humps in the roads crossing it (Shepherd's Bush Road,
Rockley Road and Richmond Way). The sort of buildings sitting on the alignment
also provide a clue, as they are large blocks somewhat out of character with
adjacent buildings.

--
Dave Arquati Imperial College, SW7

See:

http://www.loveplums.co.uk/Tube/Hamm...rove_Road.html

for some details

Does anyone know when the station (and other associated infrastructure)
at Grove Road Station was demolished / removed? Is it my imagination,
or do I recall still seeing bits of this line (apart from he structure
that sits alongside the District Line, West of Hammersmith Station, of
course, which is still there) remaining into the early 1970s?

Marc.