Old October 1st 03, 10:05 PM posted to uk.transport.london
John Rowland John Rowland is offline

Default Watford Junction.. On the Met, Via Croxley...

"Adrian Hudson" wrote in message
m...
"John Rowland" wrote in message

The news is that, to my surprise, it looks like it's
going to go ahead. The LU project team expect...

What good news! There is hope for public transportation yet.

[chevrons corrected...]

Not really. The Croxley Link is being pushed up the agenda because it's a
perfect Blair project - by putting three extra stations on the tube map for
only 40 million quid, its political value per pound rating is excellent,
regardless of any actual usefulness that it might have. I have heard that
Watford Met is the fifth least used station on LU, and I'm not sure that
Ascot Road and Watford West will do an awful lot better.

I wonder what Ascot Road station will be called? Ascot Road is a terrible
name, because people will go there for the Ascot Racecourse. Watford
Holywell was the best I could come up with, or perhaps Whippendell.

--
John Rowland - Spamtrapped