Old October 1st 03, 11:11 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Robin May Robin May is offline

Default Train Stock Question

(Colin Rosenstiel) wrote the following in:

In article ,
(Robin May) wrote:

The Piccadilly line uses 1973 stock,
and that was refurbished quite recently too. The Central line
uses 1992 stock which hasn't been refurbished because it's still
quite new, although apparently it's also quite reliable.

Are you being sarcastic? The Waterloo and City also uses 1992
stock, BTW.

Oops! No, not sarcastic, I just forgot to add in "un". So yes, it is
apparently quite unreliable.

The Jubilee line uses
1996 stock although apparently it's actually an older design than
the 1995 stock used on the Northern line. The 1995 and 1996 stock
look quite similar with a few differences such as some extra
seating on the 95 stock and some different colours.

The 1995 stock has tip-up seats where 1996 stock has perches to
lean on, if you're the right height (I'm too tall).

Yes, I much prefer the tip up seats, although I suppose it could be
argued they decrease standing room at rush hour.

--
message by Robin May, consumer of liquids
"A very large head, a head like a bear's"

Hacker is to computer as boy racer is to Ford Escort.