Old August 15th 06, 11:16 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Richard Richard is offline

Default Oyster cards on buses

On 15 Aug 2006 14:00:40 -0700, "Mizter T" wrote:
Richard wrote:
I decided that Auto Top-Up was so useful that I'd plan ahead a bit and
wait until I needed the underground. I didn't expect the walk to
Southwark, but did find two nice pubs and a street of restaurants (at
Southwark) along the way so it wasn't a waste of time...

I guess you walked down the The Cut. There is some lovely dining to be
had down there at say the Anchor and Hope or one of the restaurants.
There's a couple of really nice pubs just north of there on some great
old-London-Town side streets - the Kings Arms on Roupell Street and the
White Hart on Cornwall Road.

That's it... the White Hart. Mmmmmmmm... Those streets are
fascinating. I suppose there were more streets like that before WW2
and the South Bank Centre construction. And there was a brewery on
the river, I think?

I ordered mine around the time that the rules changed and you could
top-up on buses. The help pages and the normal text were inconsistent
so I emailed - again - and was told that I'd still have to visit a
station. I *think* this was incorrect advice. Perhaps if you ask
now, they've got their story straight.

Have you got an approxomate date for that at all? I may, if I'm stupid
enough, attempt to write some kind of Oyster FAQ and if so it'd be
useful to have a timeline of Oyster developments to hand.

I asked the question about Waterloo on 5/7/06, got the reply that day
and picked up the Auto Top-Up from Southwark on 9/7/06. The email
that I got to confirm the upload also failed to mention that auto
top-up works on buses and at tram stops, but by then I think it did,
for a few days. So let's say July 2006.

I tried to find you a press release at tfl.gov.uk, but no luck.

Good luck with the FAQ!

Richard.