Old August 17th 06, 01:15 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Aidan Stanger Aidan Stanger is offline

Default Not being let off the bus - this cant be correct?

Neil Williams wrote:

Joe Patrick wrote:

Is it actually possible - not only does such a button actually exist,

No, but (assuming it wasn't a bendy, where I believe the releases
aren't just another door button but actually unlock something) the
driver could sit there and keep pressing the close button. I've seen
this done to stop kids getting on after messing with the release button
on the outside.

I once saw a passenger use the emergency door release to open the front
door when the bus had stopped at the traffic lights at Bexleyheath, a
few metres short of the bus interchange! The driver didn't need to use
the close button, as the passenger pushed the close button a second or
two later as he stepped off.

--
Aidan Stanger
http://www.bettercrossrail.co.uk