Old October 2nd 03, 02:09 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Niklas Karlsson Niklas Karlsson is offline

Default Dartford via Sidcup: Connex metro = 1tph?

In article , Alan Osborn wrote:

Connex also run trains in Europe
I am visiting Berlin soon will look out for them - Special Fares apply
AFAIK DB tickets are not valid.
Also operate in Sweden.

Connex have run the Stockholm tube system since 1999. Since I've never
really lived in Stockholm I can't make any really authoritative
statements about how they're doing.

There were a lot of complaints initially, just after they'd taken the
system over, but it seems to have been improving. I spent a week in
Stockholm last year on a training course for my employer, and commuted
from the hotel (downtown) to where the course was held (northern
suburbs) using the tube. That seemed to work well enough. Punctual,
frequent, comfortable, clean.

Niklas
--
"IMO, the primary historical significance of Unix is that it marks the time in
computer history where CPUs became so cheap that it was possible to build an