Old August 21st 06, 08:54 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Corfield Paul Corfield is offline

Default Tube cars on Shoreditch roof

On Mon, 21 Aug 2006 17:34:29 GMT, "Jack Taylor"

Hi everyone,
I'm suprised nothing's appeared on here already, but yesterday
afternoon (Sun 20 Aug) two cars of old 1983 stock were hoisted up
onto a roof on Great Eastern St. There are a couple of photos on
Flickr he
http://www.flickr.com/photos/jailuss...n/photostream/ It
looks from the pictures as if the cars are the stub of old line into
Broad St station- but why are they there? Can anyone solve the
mystery?

I read something last week that said that they had been purchased for
commercial use - the suggestion was as temporary office accomodation
(although I couldn't see their suitability). Perhaps someone wants them as
greenhouses?

They are to be converted for use as artists studios.
--
Paul C