Old August 22nd 06, 06:31 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
BH Williams BH Williams is offline

Default Tube could close in future heatwaves

"Andrew" wrote in message
k...
Davebt wrote:
victormeldrewsyoungerbrother wrote:
jonmorris wrote:

Of course, a 500ml bottle of water costs 50p in med countries, £2 in
London.
I thought the shops at Kings Cross were expensive, but I still only
pay 95p for a bottle, or £1.20 for two bottles. Not cheap, but not a
major rip off either. However, I don't care because whenever
possible I simply refill a bottle with (cold) water from our office
water machine, or before I leave in the morning! Sod expensive
mineral water!

Jonathan

Doesn't anyone here ever go in a supermarket? A six pack of 500ml
mineral waters costs about £2 (supermarket own brand). Buying in bulk
reduces the price. Morrisons have an offer currently on, I think,
Volvic in 5litre bottles for about the same price - not that I'm
suggesting you take a 5l bottle to work, just refill a smaller one.

Only fools BUY water!

Next time the utility bill comes in the post you'll be reminded quite
otherwise.

There is a slight difference in the per litre price of bottled water
against 'Chateau Robinet'. Rather than put a full bottle in the fridge, BTW,
put a half-full one in the freezer overnight, then top up with tap water...
Brian