Old August 22nd 06, 10:18 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Boltar Boltar is offline

Default Tube cars on Shoreditch roof

Steve Fitzgerald wrote:
I gather, many months ago, a team descended on the CFS ones to establish
what would be required to get rid. My contact (one of the DMTs who
attended) advised that they've been there so long now that they're
rusted to the rails and require a huuge crane to get them out.

Perhaps someone should have shunted them up & down occasionally then
they
wouldn't have rusted to the rails. I'm sure they still worked at least
for a while.

B2003