Old October 2nd 03, 07:28 PM posted to uk.transport.london
John John is offline

Default Network rail & Clapham Junction

It's a saturday, I find myself needing to get to Selhurst from
Norbiton (don't ask!). Off I go to nationalrail.co.uk and type
in my to & from, and get sent on a tortuous route involving
Thameslink and a change at Wimbledon & Streatham.

In order to get the service via Clapham, had to type in
two separate journeys.

On questioning the nice people over at National Rail, I was
told that 'going via Clapham Junction is an invalid route.' -
direct quote.

Eh? Surely it's the *obvious* route! It was also 10 mins quicker
than their Streatham Strangeness and faster than farting
about on the tram.

Any ideas what's wrong with Clapham? (as a changeover, I
mean!)

Cheers, John