Old August 23rd 06, 05:05 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.transport
John Rowland John Rowland is offline

Default Traffic Orders

What's the easiest way to find out whether the right turn from Peckham Hill
Street to Peckham High Street is banned? The geometry of the junction
suggests that it is banned, but doesn't make it impossible.

http://maps.google.co.uk/?ie=UTF8&ll...02494&t=k&om=1

There are no signs or road markings banning it. Windows Live Local thinks
it's banned, and so does my TomTom. Maybe it used to be banned, but isn't
anymore, and they haven't rebuilt the junction? It seems odd that you would
have to go through two separate stop lines and two separate traffic light
phases to do a legal right turn.

Obviously you can't be prosecuted for doing it, but I'd rather not be
driving down there one day only to find that signs which had been removed by
vandals had been reinstated.