Old August 28th 06, 12:15 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Richard J. Richard J. is offline

Default South Kensington to Heathrow Terminal 3 on Tuesday

David of Broadway wrote:
Richard J. wrote:
David of Broadway wrote:
Richard J. wrote:
David of Broadway wrote:
Hmmm, I suppose that makes some sense. But why immediately
following a holiday weekend? Don't some people delay their
returns until after Bank Holiday? (An honest question -- as
an American, I don't know British travel customs. In the
U.S., lots of people extend their holiday weekends.) And,
aside from Bank Holiday in particular, doesn't travel drop
off substantially as September progresses?

No. Business travel increases to normal levels after the summer
lull. This week is probably the best option, after the holiday
peak and before the business traffic ramps up.

So wouldn't weekends several weeks from now be light?

Possibly, but how would that accommodate a 3-day closure before 17
September?

Fair enough, if the work can't be done in two. Maybe a weekend plus
the adjoining Friday or Monday?

But then it wouldn't have given you such an interesting journey!
:-)
Seriously, have a good trip.

--
Richard J.