Old August 28th 06, 11:24 AM posted to uk.transport.london
John B John B is offline

Default New victoria line trains

Boltar wrote:
Had a look around the mock up train at euston the other day. Whatever
happened to the walkthrough train concept they were promoting a few
years back with cars joined by a gangway? I also remember some
silliness over overhead line pickup too but unsurprisingly that seems
to have disappeared into the daft ideas bin.

Neither of these were ever on the cards for the Victoria line - you're
thinking of the SSL (Circle/Met/District/H&C) stock. The Victoria, like
the other tube lines, is too curvy and height-restricted for
walkthrough and OHLE respectively.

From the mockup I'd say
it looks pretty much the same as the interiors on the northern and
jubilee lines with the same narrow windows. Bit disappointing.

The whole line is underground, so I'm not convinced windows would add
much...

--
John Band
john at johnband dot org